Monday, July 28, 2008

The Happening™

I contain spoilers. Be warned.

http://geekadelphia.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/the_happening_thumb.jpg

OK, let's talk about movies. Really bad movies.
The Happening is a apocalyptic B-type movie. It seems that:

  • M. Night Shyamalan can't make a single good movie that's up to his Sixth Sense™.
  • When you don't have enough money for FX you can create movies with powerless superheroes, fake monsters guarding a village or (even worse) chemical substances -and with this I mean "invisible substances"- that make people kill themselves.
The only good thing the movie has is Mark Whalberg, and it's not even that good acting... Whenever people is about to die, you'll see the trees shaking because, besides of expelling a toxic substance, it also seems that the trees and the grass have the capability of producing wind (WTF?).

The scariest part in the whole movie has to do with the fact that I hate dolls, and there's a really big one on a bed, and not even that part was enough to put me on edge.

  • The best: there's so many ways people kill themselves on this movie... the car crash was amazing. The movie is so short you don't waste too much time, or get bored for too long.
  • The worst: The movie is so short you'll probably regret spending money on this, instead of buying a BigMac.

Shyamalan, I want you to know: you're not Hitchcock as to appear on every single piece of shitty movie you make. I hate your final-twisty thing, and it's not striking any more. I was the more enthusiastic person about The Sixth Sense™, but every since that one, you went down the hill, and if you think that you'll ruin a classic as The Day the Earth Stood Still™, you will regret it.

I thought that this movie I just saw was (hey, lookie here, "saw" and "was" are mirror words :D) going to be... good. And it wasn't (I don't feel like writing anything else, was that obvious?).

No comments: